Mould has often been used to explain why moisture in a house can make people ill. But the relationship between moisture damage and asthma involves much more than mould and mould spores. That’s among the findings from doctoral thesis work from SINTEF/NTNU, where 400 houses were examined.
Surprisingly, there turned out to be no connection between trace concentrations of mould in a child’s bedroom and asthma or allergy in that child. The researcher concluded that one should look for other components in indoor air if health problems arise.